Sunday, October 29, 2017

Goodbye, First Marking Period!

I can't believe that it's the end of the first marking period!  The beginning of the 2017-2018 school year flew right by.  I'll be at school for Parent Teacher Conferences this upcoming Thursday.  Please come visit my room to check out more art.  You may ask to see the students' art portfolios too.

As the year progresses, I am collecting art to choose for upcoming art exhibitions.  On Tuesday, I let our eighth grader, Amber, know that I chose her Tonal Landscape for the annual show at Fashion Square Mall.  Here she is, working on finishing touches.



The fourth grade class completed their chalk pastel pumpkin drawings in time for my to put them up for conferences.  They did a fantastic job learning a new medium (material), which is adding to their growing repertoire of art skills.




I couldn't be more proud of our phenomenal Kindergarten class this year!  While we study our color unit, the students take to the lessons admirably.  They have proven to be so good at following directions and participating in the color lessons that I feel they are ready for their first art test!  Yes, Kindergarten has tests in Art, too!  Here they are, beginning their Kandinsky Color Circles.  I'll post a lot of finished work next week.



Hope to see you Thursday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment