Sunday, September 10, 2017

Welcome back to the Art Room!

I am so happy to have a new year ahead of us at Bethlehem Lutheran School. We are already off to an exciting start to the year in our Art Room.  I look forward to seeing all my students and families, and I want the students to flourish!





Our art room is supplied for the first of the school year, and I'll be getting us some new materials as well.  With some unique projects coming up, I'll ask you to look around at home to see if you can find a few odds and ends that will help us out this year:
●  Magazines (preferably in color with lots of photos - portraits, landscapes, etc.)
●  Out-of-ink pens for easy printmaking projects

I look forward to working with your children to see how they grow, change and create over the course of the school year.  I hope you will always feel welcome in the Art Room and enjoy all the masterpieces that the 2017-2018 school year will bring!

What we're studying in September:
Kindergarten -   Dots, Lines and Patterns: Many projects!


First Grade - Lines: Many projects!


Second and Third Grades - Lines: Many projects!

Fourth Grade - Lines:  Bad Hair Day

Fifth Grade - Drawing Basics:  Value

Sixth Grade - Proportion: My Mexican Folk Art


Seventh and Eighth Grades - Value, Shape, Space: Tonal Landscapes

No comments:

Post a Comment